Export Certification

If you are commercially exporting food or feed from the UK to a non-EU country (a 'third country'), it is your responsibility to ensure that you are aware of any restrictions and what export conditions apply. You need to do this before food or feed can be exported to the third country.

Should you need the services of River Tees Port Health Authority to certify any export documents, we will need to be informed of the export and receive any relevant documentation at least 48 hours prior to the departure of the consignment. As a minimum we carry out a documentary and identity check on the consignment before the certificate is authorised.

There is a standard charge of £68.50 per certificate.