River Tees Port Health Authority (RTPHA) provides port health services within Teesport.
Our aim is to support businesses located within the port and to visiting vessels. Our role extends to the enforcement of national and international health standards, which aim to protect public health.
- Import controls for food and feed not of animal origin
- Import controls for plastic kitchenware
- Ship sanitation control and exemption certificates
- Food safety, hygiene and standards
- Water quality
- Infectious disease control
- Environmental protection